As the Holiday season approaches for Christmas, Hanukkah, & Kwanzaa, you are likely preparing to buy a loved one a present. With that in mind, I thought I’d present you with 5 of my most favorite books I’ve read this year for entrepreneurs and those aspiring to be one. I’ve placed these into 3 categories:
- Books that inspire you to take entrepreneurial action,
- Books that inspire you to take action and then explain how to begin creating a business, and
- Books that explain step-by-step in detail how to create and run a new business.
I hope the categories help you to decide which book is best for your family member or friend you’re buying a gift for. Whichever of these you decide to go with, though, will be just fine because I personally have read each and found them to be amazing. If you have questions about any of these, please contact me and I will personally answer your email—see my contact page.
Books that inspire you to take entrepreneurial action
This was one of my absolute favorite books this year. Richie tells a personally story that you will not soon forget. It’s a story he tells because he hopes it inspires you to realize we don’t always have as much time as we think we do, so we should pursue our dreams starting today.
Here’s why I love this book:
- Helps you determine if your “stupid idea” is actually a smart idea
- Learn to overcome the three biggest excuses for not starting your idea now: “I need more time/experience/money”
- Learn to break down your lofty big-picture idea into small projects that give your idea legs to begin walking
Kevin’s book is excellent for the aspiring entrepreneur because he tells us exactly what his mindset was as a beginner and how it’s changed as he has become very successful creating a multi-million dollar media company. He is still young in his early 30′s and will resonate well with younger aspiring entrepreneurs. Fantastic lessons and insight found in this book.
Here’s why I enjoyed this one:
- You can start a business with some enhanced knowledge or improve your current startup with these practical tips
- The tips in the book were used by the author to build a multi-million dollar marketing company by his early 30′s
- Contains practical suggestions, not high-level theories
- If you’re a young entrepreneur, you’ll relate to these stories and be alerted to avoid the mistakes the author made
Books that inspire you to take action and then explain how to begin creating a business
Have you ever wondered what a Navy SEAL thinks? Or, what an Israeli Special Forces soldier thinks? This book was extremely intriguing because [Continue reading]