Are you curious about how to develop new innovative products or services? I created this page to compile the best frameworks that innovators can follow when developing a new product or service. These were sourced directly from books on innovation or entrepreneurship and I’ve provided links to my reviews of each book in case you want to dig deeper into a specific model.
List of Frameworks
- 4 Realms of an Experience
- 3 Must-Haves of a Great Retail Experience [coming soon]
4 Realms of an Experience
This framework is useful for addressing design issues when developing a new service. The guide can help you create a great experience for your customers by exploring all the possibilities within the four realms.
The framework comes from the book, The Experience Economy: Work Is Theater & Every Business a Stage, written by Joseph Pine II andJames Gilmore.
The framework helps you think through the following questions:
- What kind of esthetics can I use to create a great experience?
- Esthetics are all about the things that make the environment welcoming and interesting. These are the things that are part of the general atmosphere.
- How can you entertain your customers to get them to stay?
- In addition to creating a great atmosphere, you may want to absorb your customers in the experience through different forms of entertainment. In this realm, your customers aren’t participating but they are responding through laughter or enjoyment to the entertainment you’ve provided.
- What can or should my customers do?
- This question addresses the escapist realm of experiences. Thinking about this question helps you create ways for your customers to actively participate for their benefit.
- Lastly, what can my customers learn from this experience?
- In the educational realm, your customers are actively learning new knowledge or exploring new skills.
Read more about The Experience Economy: Work Is Theater & Every Business a Stage on Amazon.